- RSS Channel Showcase 1828583
- RSS Channel Showcase 4262669
- RSS Channel Showcase 8731473
- RSS Channel Showcase 9751270
Articles on this Page
- 10/18/17--09:00: _Use VEX to Model Wi...
- 10/30/17--09:00: _Create Mesmerizing ...
- 11/09/17--07:00: _When to Use OpenCL ...
- 11/10/17--11:00: _Advanced VEX Math f...
- 11/17/17--09:00: _How to Add VEX Snip...
- 12/05/17--09:00: _Keep Things in Houd...
- 01/18/18--11:00: _How to Get Super Sm...
- 02/24/18--11:00: _How to Create a Dif...
- 03/06/18--07:00: _How to Create Displ...
- 03/14/18--11:00: _Create a Mandelbulb...
- 03/26/18--11:00: _Create a Nautilus S...
- 05/18/18--06:00: _Working With Iterat...
- 06/01/18--10:00: _How to Create Motio...
- 06/30/18--06:00: _How to Add Rotation...
- 07/02/18--06:00: _Creating Fibonacci ...
- 08/14/18--06:00: _Extracting a Transf...
- 08/27/18--09:00: _Create a Fully Cont...
- 08/28/18--09:00: _Create Easy Swarm I...
- 09/13/18--07:00: _How to Change Norma...
- 10/18/17--09:00: Use VEX to Model With the Golden Ratio in Houdini
- 10/30/17--09:00: Create Mesmerizing VEX Animations by Experimenting With Sin
- 11/09/17--07:00: When to Use OpenCL and When to Use VEX in Houdini
- 11/10/17--11:00: Advanced VEX Math for Procedural Modeling
- 11/17/17--09:00: How to Add VEX Snippets to Wrangle Nodes
- 12/05/17--09:00: Keep Things in Houdini Procedural by Using VEX
- 01/18/18--11:00: How to Get Super Smooth Subframes from a FLIP Simulation
- 02/24/18--11:00: How to Create a Diffusion-Limited Aggregation System With Houdini
- 03/06/18--07:00: How to Create Displacement With Random Objects and VEX
- 03/14/18--11:00: Create a Mandelbulb With Math in Houdini
- 03/26/18--11:00: Create a Nautilus Shell Design With Houdini
- 05/18/18--06:00: Working With Iterative Fractals in Side FX Houdini
- 06/01/18--10:00: How to Create Motion Blur Smears With Houdini
- 06/30/18--06:00: How to Add Rotation to Particle System Debris in Houdini
- 07/02/18--06:00: Creating Fibonacci Fractal Broccoli in Houdini
- 08/14/18--06:00: Extracting a Transformation Matrix from Moving Objects in Houdini
- 08/27/18--09:00: Create a Fully Controllable Infection Effect in Houdini
- 08/28/18--09:00: Create Easy Swarm Intelligence With Houdini
- 09/13/18--07:00: How to Change Normal Direction With a Reference Geometry in Houdini
Austin Brennan Shows How to Create a Tower by Using VEX in Houdini, Building it Procedurally Using the Math of the Golden Ratio CG Artist and Side Effects Houdini user Austin Brennan shows how to
Anastasia Opara Shows How to Create Intricate VEX Animations Using Only VEX, Exploring Two Sin Functions Anastasia Opara enjoys creating what she calls “meditational programming” —That is creating mesmerizing line-art experiments with VEX animations. Using
The Post Create Mesmerizing VEX Animations by Experimenting With Sin originally appeared and published on %%BLOGLINK%,by lesterbanks
Jeff Lait Addresses When You Should Use OpenCL and When You Should Use VEX in This Houdini 16.5 Masterclass Senior Mathematician for Side FX, Jeff Lait presents a Houdini 16.5 Masterclass on how to use
David Mucci Shows How to Use Advanced VEX Math for Procedural Modeling in Side FX Houdini David Mucci is a Lead TD at Double Negative London and shows how to work with VEX math and
Alvaro Castaneda Shows How to Add Custom VEX Snippets to Wrangle Nodes in Houdini Mix Training’s Alvaro Castaneda shows how you can add your own custom VEX snippets to Wrangle Nodes in Side FX Houdini.
David Kahl Shows How You Can Stay Procedural in Houdini by Using VEX Houdini works procedurally. That doesn’t mean that you can’t work yourself into a corner though. You can get to a point where
Simon Fiedler Shows How You Can Interpolate Smooth Subframes of a Houdini FLIP Simulation You have created an excellent FLIP simulation, and you are quite happy with it: Yet, you can’t help but feel that
Junichiro Horikawa Shows how to Create a Diffusion-Limited Aggregation System in Houdini Growth patterns are always such interesting things to animate, especially procedurally. You are likely familiar with L-Systems and that branch (pun intended) of
Life Effects’ David Kahl Shows a Quick Way to Setup Displacement Using Random Objects in Side FX Houdini David Kahl shares a quick technique for creating displacements with any random objects and using VEX. The
Junichiro Horikawa Shows How You Can Create a 3D Fractal-Based Mandelbulb in Houdini Armed With Volumes and a Formula A Mandelbulb is a 3-dimensional version of a 2D fractal based on the Mandelbrot set and
Junichiro Horikawa Demonstrates Using Houdini to Create an Ammonite, or Nautilus Shell Based on Fractals. There are only a few things in this world that can’t be made better by a well-served fractal. Side Effects
Junichiro Horikawa Shows How You Can Implement an Iterative Function System in Houdini to Create Fractals. Fractals can produce some striking images. They also have a place in workflow and animation in the 3D world,
Mark Fancher Explores Creating Stylized Motion Blur Smears With Side FX Houdini. Motion blur is typically something that is brought into rendering or post-production. That is until you want to create motion blur smears for an animation,
Paweł Rutkowski Shows How to Create an Orient Attribute From Scratch, Adding Proper Rotation to a Particle System. Destruction sims can look a little flat without some work adding extra debris. One easy way to
Junichiro Horikawa Explains How to Develop the Distinct Look of Romanesco Broccoli Using a Fibonacci Fractal Pattern. A lot of the math behind real-life objects in nature checks out. From L-Systems to fractals, much can
Paweł Rutkowski Shows How You Can Extract a Transformation Matrix Using VEX in Side FX Houdini. Showing off a technique often used in production, FX Artist & 3D Generalist Paweł Rutkowski shows how to extract
Fabricio Chamon Shows How to Create an Infection Effect Using Solver SOP and VEX in SideFX Houdini. The internet is chock-full of tutorials that cover growth and infection effects, and most center around SideFX Houdini.
Junichiro Horikawa Shows How to Create Swarm Intelligence for Flocking Simulations Using SideFX Houdini. Much of the algorithms to reproduce nature already exists and can easily be found on the internet. Quite often, Junichiro Horikawa’s
Matteo Migliorini Shows How to Control Normal Direction Using a Reference Object Using VEX. Just getting started with SideFX Houdini? You might want to take a look at VFX’N’GO’s course that tries to teach Houdini